Spanish ePharma Q1’21
Just like the increasing reach of eCommerce and the growing number of customers selecting online purchases, the ePharmacy sector’s demand in Spain skyrocketed during the COVID-19 pandemic. In the first quarter of 2021, the Spanish Online Pharmacy sector grew with an impressive +92% rate, according to aggregated data collected from eRetail Audit platform.
Download the report to see more details about Online Pharmacy trends in Q1/2020
Key Insights Overview:
- During Q1/21 Online Pharmacy Sales grew strongly with a +92% Y-o-Y sales value growth. This growth rate highlights the persistent changes in consumer shopping habits, which haven’t shifted since the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The mega category Patient Care (PAC) engraved, once again, the highest sales value growth, reaching a Y-o-Y growth of +306% or +101%, if we exclude the subcategory of Other Surgical-Medical Aid, containing products like disposable face masks. This subcategory amounted to half of all items sold during this quarter, but only 11% of the overall sales value of the sector.
- Google CPC ads persisted as the top performing marketing channel with 42% of total transactions. Transactions originating from Organic search results increased their share to 22%, from 19% during Q4’20.
- In Q1’21, despite the quarantine and “work from home” conditions, the transactions made from mobile devices surpassed the ones from desktop devices, with shares of 49% versus 48% respectively.
The report for the Online Pharmacy sector consists of the following sections:
- Executive Summary of Q1 2021 [also in free report]
- Online Pharmacy Sector Q1 2021 Sales Growth [also in free report]
- Categories Overview & Contribution to Growth [also in free report]
- Mega Categories Y-o-Y Sales Value Growth Evolution by Month [also in free report]
- Category Analysis for PEC
- Category Analysis for OTC
- Category Analysis for PAC
- Category Analysis for NUT
- Basket Metrics Evolution [also in free report]
- Breakdown of an Average Online Basket [also in free report]
- Top 20 Product Categories in Basket Penetration [also in free report]
- Transactions per Marketing Channels [also in free report]
- Transactions per Device Type [also in free report]
- Day & Time with the most transactions in Q1 2021 [also in free report]
See all categories and their growth rate in detail by downloading for free the Q1 Online Pharmacy Report.
The Spanish Online Pharmacy Report Q1’21 was conducted by Convert Group, in collaboration with IQVIA Spain, through the innovative platform, eRetail Audit. eRetail Audit is the world’s leading platform offering sell-out eCommerce Market Shares of FMCG & Consumer Healthcare products along with meaningful commercial, marketing & eCommerce insights.