Convert Group Makes it Again to the List of 25 Best Workplaces
As announced today by the Great Place to Work® International Institute, Convert Group has been recognized as one of the 25 companies with the best working environment in Greece. The company, which has been on the list every year since 2018, envisions a family-friendly work environment in which employees are allowed to be themselves and flourish.
Convert Group has the ability to adapt to changing circumstances, especially necessary during the Covid pandemic. Some of the actions taken included:
- Increased workspace by 57%, adding relaxation areas, a playroom, a fully-furnished kitchen, a dining area but zero new work desks, to make sure that the few people working from the office feel more relaxed and safe
- Gave a raise to all employees and established a €1.000 minimum gross salary policy (55% higher than the Greek National minimum salary), even for admin personnel and young recruits who haven’t completed their degree
- Established unlimited work from home, from 1-day per week in previous years
- Secured free COVID-19 testing for all our employees, also subsidizing their families for additional safety.
- Initiated philanthropy activities, where Converters choose who and how to help, with the agreement of not publicising activities in the media
- Replaced free food on Thursdays with occasional deliveries at home
- Created a #wearetogether digital forum to share photos from our quarantined life, movie suggestions, recipes and jokes to cheer everyone up
The firm continued its long-standing employee policies and perks, including:
- 20% more time-off than what law dictates
- financially supporting
employees marriages, newborns, college graduations and family member losses
- private health insurance with extra benefits for immediate support and international travelling
- kids & pets friendly workspace
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly all-hands meetings with complete transparency on strategy, wins & challenges, financials and ask-the-CEO-anything sessions
- transparent feedback processes from CEO to interns, events and initiatives
- free fruits, snacks, coffee
Panayotis Gezerlis and Elena Chailazopoulou, Convert Group co-partners, commented:
Our entrepreneurship vision is not contained only in innovation, profits and valuations. Our colleagues’ well-being and happiness, growing with ethics and fostering fairness & pride, are equal priorities for us. We want to thank all Converters for their hard work and dedication towards a shared vision. We are excited about the future ahead!
In 2020 Convert Group employed 48 Converters, 58% of whom are women, recruited 100% of its university interns, offered 3.600 hours of training and undertook 3 social responsibility initiatives.
The Great Place to Work® International Institute operates in 45 countries and recognizes the very best employers worldwide. The process is implemented on confidential, anonymous questionnaires, which are directly forwarded by the Institute to the company’s employees and a Culture Audit by specialized HR executives. The evaluation criteria include fairness, credibility, pride, camaraderie, respect. Participants are encouraged to be open and honest, making the results extremely meaningful.