Greek ePharmacy 2020
Greek Online Pharmacy grew with an 18,5% rate during 2020 vs 2019 with sales value amounted at €223,2M (incl. VAT), according to aggregated data collected on Convert Group’s eRetail Audit platform and calculations from our Market Analysis team. November 2020 proved to be a record-breaking month reaching a +95% Y-o-Y Growth rate in Sales, multiple times higher growth rate than the beginning of the year and higher than the Covid-19 phase 1 in April.
Key Insights Overview:
- Covid-19 created an acceleration domino for the whole sector. Hence, in eRetail Audit Market Sample, the Year-over-Year growth percentage increased at +95% in November and +66% in December 2020.
- Delivery and availability issues drove the increase of Google Organic Searches (reaching 26% during Q4) decreasing the transactions coming from Price Comparison Engines & Google CPC.
- In approximately every category in 2020, the average discount was lower (36.1%) versus 2019 (37.8%), revealing the higher overall demand in the total market.
- During the 2 Lockdown Phases (Mar ‘20 – May ’20) & (Nov ‘20 – Dec ‘20), the average basket value & units increased significantly versus 2019 (Avg Basket lockdown phase 1: 43,73€ & Avg Basket lockdown phase 2: 43,33€).
- The percentage of transactions coming from mobile devices was stabilized to 50% (with desktop transactions being at 48% and tablet’s to only 2%).
- During 2020 (total year and also on a monthly basis) Cluster 1 Pharmacies (with more than 100K monthly sessions) had higher growth rates than smaller players. Bigger pharmacies become stronger.
You can download a free teaser report by filling the form on this page or contact us to order the complete report for €945 (excl. VAT) and see all categories and their growth rate in detail.
The contents of the Full report include:
- 2020 Insights Overview [also in free report]
- Total Market Estimation & Cluster Overview
- Categories Overview & Contribution to Growth [also in free report]
- Categories Weight & Y-o-Y Growth [also in free report]
- Average Basket Metrics [also in free report]
- Beauty & Personal Care Subcategories Evolution
- Food Supplements & Vitamins Subcategories Evolution
- Kids & Babies Subcategories Evolution
- Health Subcategories Evolution
- Average Discount per Category [also in free report]
- Basket Penetration of the 30 most popular Categories [also in free report]
- Device Type Analysis: Desktop vs Mobile [also in free report]
- Marketing Channels Analysis & Trends [also in free report]
- Clusters Y-o-Y Monthly Sales Value Increase [also in free report]
- Deep dive into the 5 Clusters of Pharmacies
eRetail Audit is the world’s leading platform offering sell-out eCommerce Market Shares of FMCG & Consumer Healthcare products along with meaningful commercial, marketing & eCommerce insights.