Greek ePharmacy Q1 2022
The Greek Online Pharmacy sector surged with a double digit rate during the first quarter of 2022. The sales value of the pharmacies in the eRetail Audit Panel increased by 18% compared to the same period of the previous year, according to aggregated data collected on Convert Group’s eRetail Audit platform and calculations from our Market Analysis team.
Key Insights Overview:
- Pharmacies with over 200K visits per month (incl. Skroutz Marketplace) grew by 28%, contributing over 20 percentage points in Panel’s growth. Consumers chose the online channel for their personal care needs with increasing frequency, with orders growing by 24% compared to Q1 of 2021.
- With 3 out 4 units sold under promotional activity and the average discount reaching 40%, online pharmacies strived to offer shoppers the best prices on their favorite products, even in the midst of strong inflationary pressures. The average item price, that consumers bought, was lower by 20% compared to Q1 of 2022
- Health was the mega category with the highest year over year growth, reaching +106% in sales value compared to the previous year. This was primarily driven by the government mandates for the use of COVID-19 antigen self-tests and surgical face-masks, throughout the quarter. Another mega category with notable growth was Kids & Babies, which contributed almost a third to the total sales value growth.
You can download a free teaser report by filling the form or contact us to order the complete full report for €549 (excl. VAT) and see all the categories and their growth in detail.
The contents of the Full report include:
- Key Insights of Q1 2022 [also in free report]
- Greek B2C Online Pharmacies Turnover Evolution 2021 [also in free report]
- Greek B2C Online Pharmacies Landscape [also in free report]
- eRetail Audit Panel Turnover [also in free report]
- Sales Value Components & Growth Drivers [also in free report]
- Mega Categories Overview [also in free report]
- Top Categories in Beauty & Personal Care
- Top Categories in Food Supplements & Vitamins
- Top Categories in Kids & Babies Products
- Top Categories in Health Products
- Average Discount of Top Categories
- Online Basket Metrics Evolution [also in free report]
- Top Categories in Basket Penetration [also in free report]
- Online Baskets Attribution [also in free report]
- Monthly Evolution Tables
eRetail Audit is the world’s leading platform offering sell-out eCommerce Market Shares of FMCG & Consumer Healthcare products along with meaningful commercial, marketing & eCommerce insights.