Spanish ePharma S1’20
As the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic continues to escalate, eCommerce is proving to be an extremely lucrative opportunity for the Consumer Healthcare industry in Spain. Τhe first semester of 2020 online pharmacy purchases spiked massively and the sector grew by €53M vs S1 2019, according to aggregated data collected from eRetail Audit platform.
The Spanish Online Pharmacy Report S1’20 was conducted by Convert Group, the leading Data-driven Firm, in collaboration with its partner IQVIA Spain, the Human Data Science Company™, leader in the sector of health information technology and clinical research.
Download the report to see more details about Online Pharmacy trends in S1/2020
Key Insights Overview:
- Our estimation for S1’20 Online Pharmacy Turnover incl. VAT is: €138,3M, with +€53M Growth vs S1 2019
- Evolution of players is very heterogeneous and while some small players had single-digit growth (+6,5%) or even sales drop compared to last year), the 10 biggest online pharmacies had a significant Y-o-Y growth rate (+113%).
- Mega Categories Sales’ Weight: 40% “PEC”, 32% “OTC”, 20% “PAC” & 7% “NUT”
- In S1’20, PAC mega-category increased its Sales Value by +810% with April reaching a great peak of +2355% Y-o-Y Growth. This great increase was mostly driven by category: 57 Surgical – Medical Aid (medical masks)
- In Q2’20, despite the Quarantine and ‘work from home’ period, more consumers were buying online from Mobile devices. Therefore, in Q2’20, the percentage of mobile transactions (48,7%) was bigger than desktop (47,2%)
- S1’20 Insights Overview
- Spanish Online Pharmacy Landscape, Market Size and Growth
- Categories Overview & Contribution to Growth
- Online Sales Value Y-o-Y Growth
- Online Transactions Y-o-Y Growth
- 4 Mega Categories Sales Y-o-Y Growth Rate
- Basket Analysis: Value, Units & Conversion Rate
- Category Analysis for PEC
- Category Analysis for OTC
- Category Analysis for PAC
- Category Analysis for NUT
- 24 most frequently bought categories monthly Basket Penetration pre, during and post Covid-19
- Device Type Analysis: Mobile or Desktop?
- Transactions, Average Basket Value & Conv. Rate for Google CPC, Organic, Referrals, Newsletters, Direct, Social Media
- Marketing Channels Analysis & Trends
See all categories and their growth rate in detail by downloading for free the S1 Online Pharmacy Report.
eRetail Audit is the world’s leading platform offering sell-out eCommerce Market Shares of FMCG & Consumer Healthcare products along with meaningful commercial, marketing & eCommerce insights.