Ahold Delhaize’s AB, My market and other online grocery Retailers Innovate with eCommerce Data Transparency
As the global grocery sector creates new needs for retailers and suppliers, a variety of channels (physical network, electronic, omnichannel), new models (Direct2Consumer), additional intermediary players (platforms and marketplaces), and differentiated delivery methods (quick-commerce) create new concepts for retailers and suppliers. Adding inflation and high energy costs in the equation, makes things even more complicated and the need for Retailer-Supplier collaboration is more evident than ever. In response to this changing environment, Ahold Delhaize’s AB, My market and other online grocery Retailers in Greece announced the launch of a Data Marketplace platform for sharing -through Convert Group- transactional, basket and marketing data with their Suppliers.
Suppliers will now be able to access the following data and insights:
- Transactional Data: units, value, market shares
- eCommerce Data: from product pageviews to product-adds-to-baskets
- Online Basket Data: including which SKUs are typically placed in the same online order or, more importantly, which baskets Suppliers fail to be included in.
- Day / Hour Data: including which day and time customers place their online order
- Customer Journey Data: including the buying intent of consumers based on their online journey through the navigation menu and keywords queried.
- Marketing Data: including the performance of online activations and the Return-On-Advertising-Spend
Starting today, Manufacturers will have access to the above data and insights through a commercial agreement with Convert Group, which will also be handling data acquisition, technology infrastructure, data processing and data visualization. Consumers’ personal data or loyalty scheme data will not included.
Upcoming research from Convert Group will reveal that the Greek online Grocery sector grew by 8% in volume and 18% in value in Q3’22 vs Q3’21.