Greek eGrocery Q3 2021
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, there has been a major shift toward eGrocery, which persists even in the post-pandemic scenery. The Greek Online Grocery surged with a +117% sales value growth during the first 9 months of 2021 vs 2020 and with a +60% growth in the third quarter of 2021, according to aggregated data collected on Convert Group’s eRetail Audit platform and calculations from our Market Analysis team.
Download the report to see more details about the Online Grocery sector in Q3/2021
- Summers in Greece have typically seen a decrease in demand for online shopping. Furthermore, the most recent summer was the first period in many months that there was no lockdown or harsh travel restrictions. Despite all these, the Online Grocery sector’s sales value increased with a significantly high rate of 60% in the third quarter of 2021, compared to the same period the previous year.
- The category with the highest sales growth in the third quarter of the year was “Pet Supplies“, with a rate of +108%, while the category with the biggest contribution to overall growth was “Fresh Food“, with 20 percentage points out of a total of 60.
- This summer, online grocery shoppers spent less money on fewer items. The average basket value dropped drastically during this period to €76,3 from €78,7 in Q2 ’21 and €77,6 in Q3 ’20. Similarly, the average basket items during the same time were 36,4, fewer by almost 2 items compared to the same period of the previous year.
- 2 in 5 transactions in Q3 of 2021 originated from direct customer visits to the retailer’s website, while 1 in 4 may be credited to CPC ads on Google and other search engines.
The contents of the Full report include:
- Executive Summary of Q3 2021 [also in free report]
- Greek B2C Online Grocery Landscape [also in free report]
- Online Grocery Sector Q3 2021 Growth in Sales Value [also in free report]
- Categories Overview & Contribution to Growth [also in free report]
- Mega Categories Y-o-Y Growth Evolution in Sales Value by Month [also in free report]
- Category Analysis for Fresh Food
- Category Analysis for Basic Packages Food
- Category Analysis for Cleaning Products & Paper for Household use
- Category Analysis for Bottled Beverages, Soft drinks, Water & Drink Mixes
- Category Analysis for Beauty & Health Products
- Category Analysis for Frozen Food
- Category Analysis for Bakery Products
- Category Analysis for Baby & Kids Products
- Basket Metrics Evolution [also in free report]
- Breakdown of an Average Online Basket [also in free report]
- Top 20 Product Categories in Basket Penetration [also in free report]
- Marketing Channels by Sales Value [also in free report]
- Transactions per Device Type [also in free report]
- Day & Time with the most transactions in Q3 2021 [also in free report]
eRetail Audit is the world’s leading platform offering sell-out eCommerce Market Shares of FMCG & Consumer Healthcare products along with meaningful commercial, marketing & eCommerce insights.