Greek ePharmacy S1 2021
With the pandemic still having a significant impact on the global health-care system, Greek Online Pharmacy grew by 20% Y-o-Y growth in the first semester of 2021 vs. the first semester of 2020. The Food Supplements & Vitamins Category generated the most growth in S1 2020 (+41%), according to aggregated data collected on Convert Group’s eRetail Audit platform and calculations from our Market Analysis team.
Key Insights Overview:
- During S1 2021, the Greek Online Pharmacy Sector’s Y-o-Y growth rate remained positive during the first semester of 202, albeit more moderate than the previous year’s rising demand. We estimated the total sector’s turnover to have reached €123,5M in the semester, 20% higher compared to the same period last year.
- Online pharmacies with more than 100K visits/month continued to expand significantly in this semester with a sales value growth rate of +28%, compared with the same period last year. On the other hand, pharmacies with fewer than 10K visits/month saw, on average, their sales value declining by 30%, demonstrating the challenge of competing successfully against bigger retailers in the market.
- With a rate of +41%, Food Supplements & Vitamins was the category with the biggest sales value increase throughout the semester. On the contrary, the sharp growth of the Health category has slowed to 24%, demonstrating that the Pandemic’s impact on the consumer choices has diminished, at least for the time being.
- Basket metrics of the sector were marginally improved this semester, with the average basket containing 4,4 items and its value reaching €44,2.
You can download a free teaser report by filling the form or contact us to order the complete full report for €549 (excl. VAT) and see all the categories and their growth in detail.
The contents of the Full report include:
- Executive Summary of S1 2021 [also in free report]
- Greek B2C Online Pharmacies Landscape [also in free report]
- Number of Pharmacies per Cluster[also in free report]
- Estimation of S1 2021 Online Pharmacy Turnover [also in free report]
- Estimated Turnover & Y-o-Y Evolution per Cluster [also in free report]
- Online Pharmacy Sector S1 2021 Growth in Sales Value[also in free report]
- Categories Overview & Contribution to Growth [also in free report]
- Mega Categories Y-o-Y Growth Evolution in Sales Value by Month [also in free report]
- Category Analysis for Beauty & Personal Care
- Category Analysis for Food Supplements & Vitamins
- Category Analysis for Kids & Babies Products
- Category Analysis for Health Products
- Basket Metrics Evolution [also in free report]
- Top 20 Product Categories in Basket Penetration [also in free report]
- Average Discount of Top 20 Categories in Sales Value [also in free report]
- Marketing Channels by Sales Value [also in free report]
- Transactions per Device Type [also in free report]
- Day & Time with the most Transactions in S1 2021 [also in free report]
eRetail Audit is the world’s leading platform offering sell-out eCommerce Market Shares of FMCG & Consumer Healthcare products along with meaningful commercial, marketing & eCommerce insights.