Greek eGrocery Q1’20 (incl. COVID-19)
As the COVID-19 crisis continues, the ritual of grocery shopping is changing, leading the Online Grocery sector to an enormous uplift and an unprecedented demand. Greek Online Grocery grew with an impressive 134% rate in the first quarter of 2020, with March reaching a phenomenal +307% growth rate, according to aggregated data collected on Convert Group’s eRetail Audit platform and calculations from our Market Analysis team.
Download the report to see more details about Online Grocery sector in Q1/2020
Key Insights Overview:
- Q1/20 Online Grocery Sales grew at +134% over a year ago (YA)
- People searched for “online supermarket” keywords in Google, 10 times more in March than they did on average
- Penetration of Online Grocery Sales [from core players] skyrocketed to 1,8% of total grocery for Week 12 2020. 4,5x higher than 2019
- +307% was the uplift of online grocery sales on March 2020 [see more about every category segment in the report]
- +13€ was the average basket including 7 more items on average for Q1 2020
- Monday 16/3 was the day with the highest sales peak for online grocery so far [see the trend-line per day for a fuller understanding]
- General Cleaning Products had a growth of 1.404% during COVID-19 period, following Flour-Semolina category at +1.234% growth
See all categories and their growth rate in detail by Downloading for Free the Q1 Online Grocery Report by Convert Group.
eRetail Audit is the world’s leading platform offering sell-out eCommerce Market Shares of FMCG & Consumer Healthcare products along meaningful commercial, marketing & eCommerce insights.