Greek ePharmacy S1’20
Greek Online Pharmacy grew with a 16,9% rate in the first semester of 2020 vs 2019, with OTCs not included, since Greece has yet to adopt the relevant European Directive 2011/62/ΕΕ and European Regulation 699/2014. Pharmacy online spending amounted to €109,8M incl. VAT in S1 2020, according to aggregated data collected on Convert Group’s eRetail Audit platform and calculations from our Market Analysis team.
Key Insights Overview:
- Estimation for S1’20 Online Pharmacy Turnover: €109,8M with +16,9% growth over a year ago (YA)
- Total market Turnover S1’20 vs S1 2019 was influenced significantly by smaller players who had single-digit growth or major decline compared to YA. Bigger players became stronger
- In April 2020, 62% more transactions were purchased compared to last year. Sales Value growth is even more significant, at +80%, pointing out that large baskets with many items were purchased
- 2,5% of total Online Pharmacy S1 Sales were made from Medical Masks (approx. 0 sales in 2019) & 2% were made from Hand Hygiene category (hand & antiseptic gel, etc.) which had the biggest sales value increase (+3.162% Y-o-Y) after Medical Masks in S1’20.
- All Categories had an approximate drop of -3 pp in the average percentage of discount vs S1’19. Especially Hand Hygiene category had the biggest decrease in discounts in S1 (-14,4 pp) vs S1 2019
- Online orders that came from Organic Search skyrocketed in March & April with 26% of transactions coming from Google Organic in April 2020 (compared to 19% in January 2020)
You can download a free teaser report by filling the form on this page or contact us to order the complete report for €549 (excl. VAT) and see all categories and their growth rate in detail.
The contents of the Full report include:
- S1’20 Insights Overview [also in free report]
- Greek Online Pharmacy Landscape, Market Size and Growth [also in free report]
- Categories Overview & Contribution to Growth [also in free report]
- Online Sales Value Y-o-Y Growth [also in free report]
- Online Transactions Y-o-Y Growth [also in free report]
- 4 Mega Categories Sales Y-o-Y Growth Rate [also in free report]
- Basket Analysis: Value, Units & Conversion Rate [also in free report]
- Category Analysis for Beauty & Personal Care
- Category Analysis for Food Supplements & Vitamins
- Category Analysis for Kids & Babies Products
- Category Analysis for Health Products
- Average %Discount per Category
- 21 most frequently bought categories monthly Basket Penetration pre, during and post Covid-19 [also in free report]
- Device Type Analysis: Mobile or Desktop? [also in free report]
- Transactions, Average Basket Value & Conv. Rate for Google CPC, Price Comparison Engines, Organic, Direct, Social Media, Newsletters [also in free report]
- Marketing Channels Analysis & Trends [also in free report]
eRetail Audit is the world’s leading platform offering sell-out eCommerce Market Shares of FMCG & Consumer Healthcare products along with meaningful commercial, marketing & eCommerce insights.