Spanish ePharma Q1 2022
The Spanish Online Pharmacies participating in eRetail Audit’s sample recorded a 16% decline in their sales value in Q1 ‘22 vs Q1 ‘21, which can be attributed to the extremely high sales value in Q1 of 2021 due to the impact of the pandemic, and to the inflationary pressures that have significantly reduced the overall consumer spending during the current period, according to aggregated data collected by Convert Group and IQVIA Spain on the eRetail Audit platform and calculations from the Market Analysis team.
You can download the report by filling the form and see all the categories and their growth in detail.
Key Insights Overview:
- On average, this quarter shoppers increased their spending to €57,2 per order, €4,3 more compared to Q1 of 2021. The items in the average basket, on the other hand, decreased to 4,8 from 7,7 in the same quarter of the previous year.
- The average discount across categories decreased to 25,9% from 27,4%.
- The share of transactions from Direct visits, during Q1 of 2022, increased by 3% compared to the same quarter of 2021, reaching 12%, while transactions from Organic Search decreased to 19% from 17%. This indicates that consumers tend to visit directly, with increasing frequency, the website of their retailer of choice when intending to shop.
The contents of the report include:
- Key Insights of 2021 [also in free report]
- eRetail Audit Sample Turnover [also in free report]
- Mega Categories Overview [also in free report]
- Top Categories in PEC
- Top Categories in OTC
- Top Categories in PAC
- Top Categories in NUT
- Average Discount of Top Categories
- Online Basket Metrics [also in free report]
- Top Categories in Basket Penetration [also in free report]
- Online Baskets Attribution [also in free report]
- Monthly Evolution Tables
The Spanish Online Pharmacy Report Q1 2022 was conducted by Convert Group, in collaboration with IQVIA Spain, through the innovative platform, eRetail Audit. eRetail Audit is the world’s leading platform offering sell-out eCommerce Market Shares of FMCG & Consumer Healthcare products along with meaningful commercial, marketing & eCommerce insights.