Spanish ePharma S1 2021
The Spanish Online Pharmacy surged by +14% Y-o-Y growth in the first semester of 2021 vs the first semester of 2020. The OTC Category flourished the most in S1 2021 (+31%), according to aggregated data collected from eRetail Audit platform.
Download the report to see more details about Online Pharmacy trends in S1/2021
Key Insights Overview:
- The Spanish Online Pharmacy Sector’s Y-o-Y growth rate remained positive during the S1 ’21, despite the marginally declined growth in the second quarter of the year. We projected the total sector’s turnover to have reached € 165M in S1 ’21, 14% higher vs S1 ’20. With a rate of +31%, OTC was the category with the highest growth in sales value, followed by PEC, which climbed at a rate of +20%.
- The average number of items per basket increased significantly during S1 ’21, reaching 7,3 items from 4,9 in S1 ’20. On the contrary, the average basket sales value slightly declined to €54,3. The average discount provided to customers across all categories was 25,7%, lower by 1% compared to last year.
- Ads on Google CPC maintained their position as the best-performing marketing channel, accounting for 45% of all transactions throughout the semester. The rest of the marketing channels performed at the same levels as the previous semester, while the share of transactions from Mobile or Tablet devices continued to outnumber those from desktop and laptops by nearly 10%.
You can download a free teaser report by filling the form or contact us to order the complete full report for €1,000 (excl. VAT) and see all the categories and their growth in detail.
The contents of the Full report include:
- Executive Summary of S1 2021 [also in free report]
- Online Pharmacy Market Size Estimation [also in free report]
- Online Pharmacy Sector S1 ‘21 Growth in Sales Value[also in free report]
- Categories Overview & Contribution to Growth [also in free report]
- Mega Categories Y-o-Y Sales Value Growth Evolution by Month [also in free report]
- Category Analysis for PEC
- Category Analysis for OTC
- Category Analysis for PAC
- Category Analysis for NUT
- Basket Metrics Evolution [also in free report]
- Breakdown of an Average Online Basket [also in free report]
- Top 20 Product Categories in Basket Penetration[also in free report]
- Average Discount of Top 20 Categories in Sales Value[also in free report]
- Marketing Channels by Sales Value[also in free report]
- Transactions per Device Type [also in free report]
- Day & Time with the most transactions in S1 2021 [also in free report]
See all categories and their growth rate in detail by downloading for free the S1 Online Pharmacy Report.
The Spanish Online Pharmacy Report S1’21 was conducted by Convert Group, in collaboration with IQVIA Spain, through the innovative platform, eRetail Audit. eRetail Audit is the world’s leading platform offering sell-out eCommerce Market Shares of FMCG & Consumer Healthcare products along with meaningful commercial, marketing & eCommerce insights.