Spanish ePharma Q1’20 (incl. COVID-19)
eCommerce is proving to be an extremely lucrative opportunity for the consumer healthcare industry in Spain with 3,2M online orders valued at €189Μ in 2019. Τhe first quarter of 2020 with the COVID-19 outbreak, the Spanish Online Pharmacy sector grew with a stellar 82% rate with March reaching a +113% growth rate, according to aggregated data collected from eRetail Audit platform. Online Pharmacy purchases spiked massively during the COVID-19 period, speeding up the shift from physical retail to eCommerce and consumers’ shopping habits being permanently affected.
The Spanish Online Pharmacy Report Q1’20 was conducted by Convert Group, the leading Data-driven Firm, in collaboration with its partner IQVIA Spain, the Human Data Science Company™, leader in the sector of health information technology and clinical research.
Download the report to see more details about Online Pharmacy trends in Q1/2020
- Categories Analysis
- Avg. Basket Metrics
- Device Type Analysis
- Marketing Channels Analysis
- COVID-19 Impact during 24/2-31/3
Key Insights Overview:
- Q1/20 Online Pharmacy Sales grew at 82% over a year ago (YA)
- +113% was the uplift of Online Pharmacy Sales in March 2020
- OTC mega-category increased its Sales Value by +101%, an increase that was mostly driven by the following subcategories: Vitamins + Supplements, Tonic/Other System, Eyes Care, Respiratory System
- PAC mega-category increased its Sales Value by +179%, an increase that was mostly driven by the following subcategories: Dispos. Enuresis Child & Medical Tests & Appl.
- Week 11 had a great Y-o-Y Sales Growth (+126%) due to COVID-19 rising categories
See all categories and their growth rate in detail by downloading for free the Q1 Online Pharmacy Report.
eRetail Audit is the world’s leading platform offering sell-out eCommerce Market Shares of FMCG & Consumer Healthcare products along with meaningful commercial, marketing & eCommerce insights.